Monday, May 11, 2009

Odds and ends about your family heritage blog

This is a blog for the Fee family to share photos from the past. If you would like to submit a photo, either email me directly or use the email function on this blog and I will send you my private email. Feel free to comment here as much as you want!

If you submit a photo, please include who is pictured, an approximation of when the photo was take, and what event the photo was from and any other details you would like to add. Likewise, if you have a photo that you have no idea who is in it, I will post that too with a note asking for anyone who does know to let us know. This will help us all preserve our memories!

Keep in mind, this is about quality not quantity. Don't worry about scanning and emailing 20 blurry pictures of the same thing; pick the best ones.

It will be helpful to use first and last names for people in addition to "grandma" or "mom" so that we can all tell who's who.

Also, if you do not have scanner access: "have scanner and laptop, will travel" is my motto! I'm happy to travel to you or have you over for tea to my place while I scan the photos. CAUTION: DON'T SCAN OLD BLACK AND WHITE POLAROIDS OR THE TYPE OF PHOTOS THAT HAVE A "SHINY" LAYER OVER THEM. I learned this the hard way. I haven't had any trouble with any other older photos, but on an old b/w Polaroid of me and my mom the scanning completely faded out the picture. For the most part, I've had decent success For more info on scanning archival photographs, this blog has some nice links. If you are in doubt about whether you should scan, take the pics to a professional archiver.

Additionally I will from time to time post lists of wanted pictures, so again, email if you want to put a request and see if someone might have just the photo you are looking for.
For example, off the top of my head I am interested in the following:

-an image of that great picture of Grandma Fee (Thelma) when she was young that used to hang on her wall.
-Any photos of Otis and Josephine Sipe, or Omer and Bertha Fee
-Any photos of my parents, Dan and Lois Fee
-A picture of Omer and Bertha's house on Markison, or really of any of the houses grandma and grandpa Roy and Thelma lived in, esp. on 4th or on Jaeger.

Finally, this is your blog too! Comment as much as you'd like, feel free to treat this as a forum, and I will do my best to keep up on your requests and to post something every day.

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment